July 22, 2009

Animated GIFs in Google Sites



I have a website at Google Sites for my geometry class in high school. Last week, I wrote a piece about the difference of the terms congruence and equality. What a nice way I thought to create an animated GIF to support my article. But don’t look now; Google Sites does not support animated GIFs (nor Javascript), well not directly. I was surprised that Google Sites converted automatically my animated GIF files to PNG. With a couple of Google searches later I found out that Google Sites blocks animated images.

However, there is a workaround for this predicament. Every search I made in the Internet suggests uploading the file into Google Docs or creating a gadget. For me, I did what I always do in my blogs; upload the animated GIF files to Photobucket. It works!

Here’s my website with the animated GIFs, Geometry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment